Sunday, October 14, 2012

My 1st Doctor's Appointment

October 5, 2012

My appointment was at 3:30 P.M., but I was told to arrive at 3 P.M. so that I could fill out the required paperwork.

I arrived on time, received all my paperwork, filled it out, and turned it in by 3:30 P.M.  Then I sat there and sat there and sat there some more!

At 4 P.M., I went up to the front desk to see if everything was okay or if I missed them calling my name.  I was told that I had not missed anything, but I was next.

Then I sat there and listened as several more people were called!  Thirty minutes later, I am called back up to the front desk.  At this point, I am told that they are too busy, the doctor is backed up, and they will not be able to see me today.

This makes me quite angry and upset for several reasons:
*I am pregnant.
*I had an appointment {which I was on time for}.
*If they knew they were so busy, why did they not tell me earlier {or schedule me for a different day or time}.
*I had to pay to get a ride to the office.
AND,
*I am about to cry in public.

Needless to say, I did not get to see the doctor, and my appointment was rescheduled for almost a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment